Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Design Programs in the Classroom

I can certainly see that a program like publisher could be a great resource. I’ve always been afraid of incorporating technology into visual projects for the students because I’m afraid of the learning curve of the program. I’ve had students do posters and ads the old-fashioned way: markers, scissors, glue, and magazines to cut apart. The results weren’t great. I love the ideas of making postcards with publisher. It would be fun to explore the setting of a novel by creating a postcard from that location. It would be worthwhile to create a brochure to introduce an author or book instead of just a boring report. I’m still a little unsure on how to get past the disparity of students who don’t have a strong knowledge base with computers and design programs compared to kids who are extremely experienced. I don’t think that’s enough of an issue to ignore what design programs can bring to the curriculum and I’m willing to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment