Monday, June 14, 2010

Copyright Reflection

Yikes...Yikes....Yikes! I am pretty overwhelmed by the idea of copyright. It is much easier to live in ignorance of the many, many, many rules that go along with responsible material use on the internet. The Education World article was very enlightening and complete. I do feel like a have an inkling on what is legal and what is not, but wow, there are a lot of different scenarios that call for different rules. So now I go forward, paranoid of every photo and link that I want to use for teaching. I think paranoid might be an okay place to be, as long as it drives me to check the rules. As I was building my webquest I found myself trying to determine if stories were legally added to sites. I checked the use copyright rules that were attatched with the photos on Fliker. I am glad I am aware...I think. It slows me down, but I know I'll be more responsible in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment